"Fun Facts" I have learned about Raye in the weeks we have had him so far:
- He snores. Really, this is normal, but I haven’t had a dog who snores before so it was rather weird for me.
- He can eat a moth in the span of 2-4 seconds, much before I have the chance to stop him. I really really hate dead things… and the, y’know, eating of dead things, so I guess I’ll have to get used to this. He also likes flies. (Long story with this one. Probably don’t wanna hear it.)
- He tends to get the command “Check Me” (Scenting my breath to check my blood sugar levels…) mixed up with “High Five”. Needless to say, I’ve been smacked in the face multiple times.
- He seems to have a rather timed schedule in terms of energy usage. He wakes up (And wakes me up…) at almost exactly 8am every day, then takes a “nap” around noon. (If I’m not napping with him, he usually just falls asleep downstairs.) I’m not exactly sure when we go to bed. It varies, which just confuses me more as to how he can get up at the exact same time every day.
- He usually behaves almost perfectly in public. Any bad behaviors he has trouble with at home, we don’t really have trouble with in public. I accidentally spilled honey mustard on his face at a restaurant one time and he didn’t even care. I felt totally guilty afterwards, but hey, it was his fault for sticking his nose out from under the table in the first place, I guess. (Another habit we are trying to break…) I guess he does have a bit of a sniffing problem, and sometimes it’s really hard to redirect him… I’m sure it’s mostly because A) He’s a dog. Sniffing is his thing. and B) We are teaching him to track me as well as family members, so that might confuse him a bit.
… But what do I know? I’ve just started this whole process.